Friday 29 May 2015

Dilly bag for England

I love love love 'Judy's Dilly Bag' designed by Judy Newman of A Very Fine House.

I bought the pattern from Amitie in Melbourne last year.  While I love the hexie version, and definitely plan to make one in due course, I need a bag to keep the handsewing I will take with me on our upcoming trip to England (4 weeks and counting) and don't have time to time handstitch the hexies.

But I have been hoarding some Denyse Schmidt 'Flea Market Fancy' for at least two years, and figured out I could make the body of the bag from strips.


For Mothers Day I got to have a whole day sewing with the fabulous ladies from Perth Modern Quilting Guild.... and this is what I made.....


Obligatory to have photos from several sides since there are no fabric repeats....



The pouch is lined with some beautiful simple Kaffe Fassett spots, and two pockets for various important pieces of sewing kit.


At this point I plan to take two handstitching projects with me, a simple sampler I bought some years back from Ruby in the Dust, and hexies for paper piecing, a project for a very dear friend and family member (hmmm...who could that be?).  Fabric for the hexies in the photo below, artfully posed on our map of England!


I'm so pleased with the end result, right down to the repurposed ribbon used to hold the ties.

1 comment:

  1. Love it, as usual. Hope you having a fabulous time in England. xxx

    ReplyDelete